Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quick Update

I had my Glucose tolerance test done yesterday. It was a dreadful process. I got there late (for me, I wanted to get there by 9am) and they didn't see me until even later. I had my first four vials of blood drawn a little after 10am. I was shocked because I thought they were just going to prick my finger. Immediatly after they drew my blood I was given the orange goo that tasted like triaminic cough syrup. I thought I was going to be able to sip it over a 2 hour period but they told me to drink it within 5 minutes. So I drank it grudgingly because I wanted to choose my flavor and they didn't give me a choice. Then began my wait. I tried to read my book (currently reading 'The Shack'). I had trouble concentrating though. There were a few characters in there. One was a white trashy fat woman who walked around talking to everyone. She was driving the receptionist crazy cause she kept asking her medical questions looking for a free diagnosis. There was also one of those couples who had conversations like they were talking for everyone else. After every stupid remark they would look around for everyones reaction. Anyhow, after sitting there for 2 long hours I finally got called back to get another vial of blood drawn. I won't have the results for a week. Monday is my appointment with the hemotologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment