Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 4

Well I have been on the South Beach diet for 4 days and I have lost 5.6 pounds. I had to take down the ticker that had my first goal of 15 lbs on it. I didn't save the page I created it on and I couldn't update it. I will try and make another one later.
I am happy with the results of the diet but the food is lacking. Everything I had read talked about the symptoms from the withdraw from caffeine, sugar, and carbs but I didn't expect it to be this bad. The books say you won't be hungry. I am though. because I don't feel full until I get what I want, and what I want right now is McDonald's and some Sonic ice cream. The 1st two weeks are the hardest because you are detoxing. That is supposed to make the cravings for the bad foods go away. There just aren't many options for food. I went to Barnes and noble last night and got a new cook book. Hopefully that will help me find some stuff. Once I am on phase 2, which is after the initial 2 week, there are more options and..... I can have coffee again. Thank you Jesus. Last night we ate baked chicken, spinach, and mashed potatoes that actually had no potatoes but instead cauliflower. They were good while they were hot. Once they started to cool down they tasted like cauliflower, which I don't like. For lunch today I will have a salad from the salad bar here at work. My snacks are 1 cheese stick, 3 celery stalks w/ 1 laughing cow cheese wedge, and 1 sugar free jello. Oh, and lots of gum. Since I have starting dieting (for real) my nicotine cravings have come back. But I will give into chocolate cake before I give into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment