Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sick

I don't feel good. I need to give some background for this one to make sense. I quit smoking when I was 25. I started smoking again at 26. Quit again that same year, started again at 27. Quit 3 months later. Only to start again that same year when I was in Vegas for my wedding. I married my husband last August. We said we would only smoke while we were there. Then when we got back, it was we will only smoke when we drink. Then, well, if you smoke you know how it goes. We had been somewhat trying to get pregnant for a year before that. I say somewhat because we weren't charting or going to the doctor, or anything else like that. It was just sorta, if it happens great, but we won't really worry about it till after the wedding. So we get back and that same month I go to the doctor. I knew things weren't going to be great because I had been bleeding almost nonstop. Not heavy, just irritating. 1st things 1st, they put me on drugs to try to regulate me. That works for the month I am on it, and the month after. Then it is back to bleeding non stop. Now it is nearing the end of November. I go back to the doctor in December. They want to try a different drug, and they want me to take a ovulation test EVERY DAY. So I take the new drug. It stoped the bleeding immediately. I pee on the stupid expensive sticks every day. No positive results. But to me, this is pointless. Tests are never 100% reliable. Isn't there just some blood test they can do to tell if I have ovulated or not? In January we buy a house and we start moving in the beginning of February. I told my husband I wasn't going to start any fertility drugs (they told me the next step is Clomid) until I stop smoking. I wanted to quit for my birthday (March 19th). We are so busy with moving I don't think much about going to the doctor because I know I can't go any further with it anyhow. I bleed until the end of Feb. The 26th to be exact. Then nothing. Nada. (yes, we still have sex even though I am bleeding. It isn't heavy enough to effect "that:") I am taken aback. For my birthday I get a pregnancy test. It was negative, I was expecting it to be. I said I wasn't going to take one until Apr 4th, but we are impatient people. I haven't touched a cigarrette since Sunday (22nd). Just in case. Not just that. For me, for my health. When April 4th comes around, if I still haven't started I am taking another test. I am going back to the doctor April 7th. But, back to not feeling good. I didn't feel good yesterday afternoon either. I have the heartburny-thowuppy-nasty burps. I am queasy as well. I am questioning if I am just ill, maybe it's "afternoon sickness", or maybe it is withdrawal symptoms. Who knows, but I do not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment